KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
KEY ROLES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Deliver against the product’s vison, goals and roadmap
• Work closely with the Product Manager to define the product roadmap and give input into the product vision and strategy
• Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
• Work in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
• Ensure that product delivery is on time and within budget.
• Prioritize and maintain the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
• Maintain the product backlog (roadmap items, incident reports & enhancement requests) and prioritise the backlog
• Oversee the product development team to create a strong product
• Manage the Product support team
• Supervise and advise the scrum team to meet software expectations
• Nurture ideas and solutions to existing customer problems
• Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology
• Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance to evaluate future investment
• Communicate effectively with team members and Product Managers to achieve product goals
• Extract and retrieve information and data sets to improve upon software
• Schedule and lead meetings to identify issues and fixes for recurring production / support issues
• Participate on and/or lead client requirement sessions
• Close involvement and interaction with product development, architects, product managers, support/services, partners and clients
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Creative and innovative thinker
• Proactive, takes initiative and results driven
• Resilient and assertive
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in a technical or information science domain
• 5+ years experience as a product owner in the industry
• Strong knowledge of Agile principles and process
• In-depth understanding of industry market conditions and trends
• Successful track record of developing products within deadlines
• Relevant payments industry knowledge advantageous