We’re looking for a number of talented Openstack Infrastructure Engineers to help us build, manage and scale our Openstack compute and storage infrastructure. We are looking for both senior and intermediate engineers. Experience in building Openstack infrastructure from the ground up will be a distinct advantage, but is not an absolute requirement.
If you love all things Internet, IPv4 & 6, hypervisors, scaling compute and storage, IaC and open source in general; - if you are after autonomy, mastery and purpose; - if you find a powerful sense of achievement in putting your skill and personal strengths into action to deliver customer value through world class compute and storage hosting platforms, then you could find a meaningful opportunity at xneelo and we really want to chat to you.
Our Openstack team works remotely and currently has team members in UTC-8 (PST) and UTC+2.
Locations: Remote or Cape Town, South Africa.
Time zones: UTC-8 to UTC-5 and UTC to UTC+3
The strengths and experience we’re looking for in potential team mates:
- Experience (extensive for the senior role) in open source based infrastructure systems management.
- Openstack implementation and management experience is a distinct advantage.
- Strong networking skills, with Juniper being an advantage.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly should things not go quite according to the system availability plan.
- Skilled at proactively and hugely reducing the likelihood of the aforementioned plan situation - think SRE and avoiding data loss no matter what.
- Adept at systems thinking, modern IT infrastructure approaches (eg. Infrastructure as code) and applying devops practices to infrastructure management.
- Gets the difference between “done” and “97% done” and the potentially significant costs of the latter.
- Experience in virtualization and other cloud technologies at scale will be an advantage.
Our current tech stack and tooling includes Ubuntu Linux, Ansible, Openstack, Ceph, Terraform, Rundeck, LXC, Nspawn, Keycloak, Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic, Gitlab, Jira and more. Experience with a reasonable number of these or similar will be important. Even more important is your ability to use these and similar tools to innovate, solve complex IT infrastructure problems and to do this as a strong team player.
We are looking for talented engineers for these roles and salary will be negotiable, commensurate with your skills and track record.
Our Openstack and Ceph infrastructure is still in the early stages and so a meaningful opportunity exists to be part of engineering and growing a significant infrastructure project.