Keys to This Role
Work as a key pillar of an empowered product team. Establish, communicate, and implement engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
Qualification, Skills, and Experience
- Experience designing and implementing high-volume, low-latency, distributed transaction processing systems to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Has been part of a payments team that has implemented card, bank, or mobile money API's at scale, and can show a demonstrable understanding of the nuances involved in supporting them
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and performance
- Understands that the correct answer to "Microservice or monolith is 'it depends?' 🙂 "
- Experience building multiple high-traffic Express API's deployed in production
- Experience doing the above in AdonisJS is a plus
- Strong ability to take a problem, break it down into its component pieces and solve the problem
- Curiosity and versatility. You do not identify as "I only do XYZ job" and are ready, willing, and even eager to try new things and try your hand at different parts of the tech stack.
- Experience working on front-end, back-end, mobile, and DevOps is a plus
- Excellent collaboration, communication and teamwork skills
- Respectful in all interactions - internally and externally
- Smart, good to work with, and gets things done
- Critical thinker, who is highly self-directed and brings a sense of ownership to everything they do
- Back-end: ExpressJS (Redis for caching and message queuing)
- Web: React
- Mobile: React Native
- IVR, USSD, SMS: Using telephony and messaging API's like Africa's Talking, Twilio, etc.