The main purpose for the job is to:
Monitoring of real time EFT processing and online transactions processing. Identifying and reporting on service impacting issues affecting the production environment, together with company products, networks and applications
A clear understanding of the operational environment, an acute sense of urgency and the need to communicate accurately and timeously whilst ensuring near 100% uptime is maintained are key requirements
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assist Team Leader to maintain high levels of action, quality and precision, and a delivery focus.
· Required to complete daily shift tasks
· Ensure escalation is done promptly to the correct Support department with minimal downtime
· Work with other departments to solve and close current problems where applicable
· Communicate and assist team Leader on the status of outstanding internal/external issues and communicate these with all parties concerned.
· 1st line troubleshooting and problem solving for internal and external clients as well as service providers where applicable.
· Ensure all necessary tickets/incidents are logged and assigned to relevant support department.
· Ensure root cause and resolution analyses are included and updated in all Incidents being updated.
· On the job training and knowledge sharing requirements are brought to Team Leader’s attention.
· Ensure all Checklists are up-to-date and information is captured accordingly.
· Fulfil ad-hoc requirements that may arise and are not specifically listed above.
· Provides ongoing support to colleagues
· Understand the real time framework
· Communications: Written/verbal
· Batch Processes File transmissions
· Personal drive to improve him/herself, the team, processes and ultimately client service
· Good communication skills both internally and externally (to Clients)
· Understanding of systems monitoring
· Understand the EFT Switching environment
· Understand the Batch processing environment
· Understand the different file movement protocol (SFTP, XCOM, CD etc.)
· Have an understanding how to identify alerts and the process behind them, fixing where possible and alternatively escalating these alerts where required.