Purpose of the role:
Creative, analytical, driven and energetic in pursuit of designing and building scalable applications with focus on functionality, security and reliability of the tech stack.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You'll be architecting and implementing backends and their interactions with various data stores and other APIs to enable cutting-edge SV startups to do what they do best.
- You'll be deploying your software using industry standard tooling like Kubernetes clusters, Lambda functions.
- You'll be expected to care deeply about security in everything you do and to constantly raise the baseline of how we defend our user's data against external threats and themselves.
- Your implementation will not end with your code, but with a container running in an environment.
- You'll be implementing robust automated test suites to ensure high quality and low failure rate of
- delivered code.
- You'll be working DevOps style to make sure Defence-in-Depth principles are followed and containers are as secure as humanly possible.
- You will have huge creative freedom and ability to influence the project, so you will take ownership and responsibility for what you do.
- Build relationships with developers in Poland,San Francisco, Cape Town and Brazil.
- Design and develop new back-end services
- Focus on coding and debugging
- Build clean and structured code and libraries
- Research new tech that will benefit the team, project or client
- Integrate user facing elements developed
- Communicate effectively with the team locally and internationally
- Provide insight and contribute to software design and architecture
Requirements and Experience:
- Independent efficient problem solving, but also being an excellent team player
- Bachelor Degree with a quantitative/technical major. Brownie points for ComSci grads
- Good command of English, written and spoken
- 10 years development experience. Our core back-end stack is Node.js. So at least 2 years experience using Node.js preferably with Nest.js and Typscript
- High attention to detail
- Expertise in at least one backend technology e.g. Java/.NET
- Strong ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas to team members as well as clients.
- Good practical knowledge of at least one database system, e.g. PostgreSQL/MongoDB,
- Experience in creating well-designed APIs,
- Experience in utilising good security practices,
- Readiness to learn and expand your skill set as required by ongoing projects
- Experience in the following will be beneficial:
- Hands-on experience with Node.js and TypeScript,
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL or MongoDB,
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes/AWS deployment processes,
- Experience in creating projects from scratch,
- Experience with profiling and performance optimisation,
- Experience in giving high quality feedback during code review,
- Automated software testing on unit/integration/end-to-end levels